Report an Emergency – 209.946.3911 (63911 from University phones)
University Emergency Website – During an emergency, this site will provide up-to-date information
Register for PacificCONNECT – Pacific’s emergency messaging system for students and employees
In the event hazardous chemicals or radioactive materials are spilled on or near the campus, these procedures should be followed:
- Be aware of any hazardous materials in your area and where the material is located.
- If any hazardous chemicals or radioactive materials are spilled, immediately notify Public Safety via any “Blue Light” emergency phone or by calling 6-9311 or 209.946.2537.
- Inform Public Safety of the nature of the involved material (if known)
- Location of the spill or affected area
- Identify any possible injuries of those who may be contaminated by the spill. Vacate the affected building/area immediately by pulling the fire alarm. Seal off area to prevent further contamination until the arrival of Public Safety and/or emergency personnel.
- Move to your assembly point and assist people with disabilities to safety.
- Anyone contaminated by the spill should avoid contact with others as much as possible and remain in the vicinity to give one’s name and information to Public Safety.
- Provide first aid and/or CPR if you are trained to do so while being cautious of possible additional contamination of others.
- Clean up will start immediately by authorized personnel who have proper equipment and training.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless authorized by Public Safety.